This tutorial is not a chapter it’s entirely based on the experience of our author while working as a professional WordPress Developer for a decade. So Enjoy and hope this tutorial help you to great extent.
If you ever visit a website, the major thing which you would be noticing is its speed. If the website is not performing well then there might be many issues, but as a visitor, you will not worry about it. As the same information is available on any other website, which is fast enough to save your precious time.
If you are having a WordPress blog, then you must worry about the speed and performance of the website. Many times, we also don’t know about the load time of the website after a new theme, or a new plugin or anything like that. It means that you will surely have to look after that part for the betterment of the website. Let us have a look at the reasons why the website might be slow and also look for the solutions to the problems. Hence, the future visitors of the website must have a good experience while surfing your website.
Reasons for Slow WordPress Website
- Unreliable Web Hosting: Web Hosting plays an important role in the working of the website. If you are a new blogger or website owner, then there are chances that they might have gone for a lower priced hosting which might result in some resources bottlenecking.
- WordPress Configuration Problem: WordPress is the easiest of the CMS to be configured but sometimes there might be some configuration issues, which leads to the website having a loading problem. The important problem is the cache option being off. It results in the server getting overloaded. You might not have compressed the website code. It will result into the slow compilation of codes.
- Incompatible Plugins: Many times, there are things which cannot be compatible with some other plugin. If you are using two plugins that have the problem with each other; then there can be some page loading issues due to mismatch of plug-ins which costs the performance of the website.
- Big Media Files: Scripts take up most of the resources of the server, but it is not the case most of the times. There will be some media files that take time to load due to their large size. Thus, you must always compress the files. It can be used for the website to optimize the load time of the website. Also, it can improve the performance of the website.
Determining if your website is really slow
There are many tools to calculate the performance of the website. When we talk about an average rate then your website must be well under 2 seconds where 2 seconds will be the maximum time your website must take to load. If it is above 2 seconds, most of the people will leave the website and search for another one. There must not be any kind of performance issue which can lead to the website to have issues loading some specific components.
Steps to increase the speed and improve the Performance of the website
Talking about the problems and the recommended time is not enough. So let us talk about the solutions which you must use in order to increase the performance of the website.
- Clean WordPress Database: If you are having a WordPress website, then for most of the part you must not have been managed any kind of database. But when your website grows, you must have installed a number of themes, a number of plugins which you are not using at the moment. They will not be using in future, and many other spam comments, plugins and all. You will have to clean the database and get rids of these values so that accessing the tables becoming easier for the server.
- Dedicated Server Hosting: You should actually not to invest your hard earned money into some cheap hosting or any cheap plan. Hosting and hosting plans plays an important role in the speed of the website and even the response time of the website, so you must always invest in good Hosting plans. Thus, you never have any problem related to speed with hosting side.
- Optimize Images: Quality must be important when you are looking forward to images and another main factor of your website, but when it comes to loading time you must give priority for the same and compress the image so it won’t throttle the speed and performance of the website.
- Use Small Themes: Using themes which are very heavy makes no sense most of the time, as they will be taking the year long when it comes to loading time. Mostly when you select the theme look for the most of the components you need and then search for the alternatives for that component when you have more than one to compare select the one with the least power and space consuming one.
You must surely go for with these tips when you are looking forward to getting number one when it comes to loading time and response speed of the server. These factors are also important in SEO at a medium level because Google needs the best available website according to the users need. If the user needs speed and reliability then Google will also keep a watch on the same. Do have a look at the loading speed and the response time of the server of your website and search for the cause of the website being slow.
So hope this tutorial will make you ponder and recheck your WordPress website and you take the appropriate measures to make your site available to your users at a blink of an eye.
Do not forget to credit our Author below.
Maggie Sawyer is a web developer by profession and a blogger by hobby. She works for MarkupHQ Ltd., Best PSD to WordPress Company. She provides WordPress customization services with guaranteed 100% client satisfaction.
Because we believe hurdles aren’t really hurdles.